Saturday, April 17, 2010

Days 74 and 75 (Thursday and Friday)


            Thursday, I ran to the flee market that is held each Thursday morning in Camucia, the town down the mountain.  It is a mix of stands selling clothing, shoes, linens, and random things with stands selling produce, cheeses, and meats.  It was fun to explore, but it was so hot, that I was wary of trudging back up the mountain.  Luckily, I happened to run into Gino, who is our grounds worker at our school building.  He offered to drive me back to the school, so I thankfully accepted.  We had one-on-one meetings with our painting teacher that afternoon.  We discussed the development of my paintings during the course of the semester.  Afterwards, I went on a walk around Cortona, studying my art history flash cards.  My walk somehow ended up at Snoopy’s, the wonderful gelato place in Cortona, where there was a gathering of people from my program who also decided that it would be a good time for gelato, the perfect study snack.  I could not agree more. 

            Friday, everyone was cramming for our test that evening.  It seemed to take forever for this test to finally get here.  I started my day with a terrific run, and then in book making, even though we are still working on our final projects, we had to begin cleaning out the studio.  Finally, we took our test, and although I got severe writing cramps, I thought I was well prepared for it.  After dinner, and a celebratory gelato for being done with art history, some friends and I decided to make a fort in our large and spacious room using chairs, mattresses, bed sheets, and duct tape.  This may seem random, but we had actually been planning it for a while now.  It was the perfect space to watch a movie, which is what we did.  I would like to take note that in the past two days, I had somehow managed to trip and fall flat on my face twice (not even during my runs!), my first fall landing on my right knee, and my second fall landing on my left knee.  I now have two huge bruises on both knees.  Oh dear. 

Shabbat Shalom to everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment